Here I was comfortable with my life, writing blogs, running a kids music tutorial studio, spending time with Summer (Miss ALMOST two). Then ...... One day... I found out:
I'm PREGNANT! !! !! Again!!
Excitement, tears of joy set in with such a lot of Happiness (and hormones I guess).
Turns out someone else didn't want another one. ......
So after a long and exhausting relationship, I packed up the car, packed up Summer and....
I bloody well left that jerk.
It's now almost 3 months later and Holy Mackerol am I having fun!!!!
I've taken up studying full-time, moved into my little flat with Summer and found out:
ITS A BOY!!!
I thought I would share some things with my fellow readers, mums and such that I have learnt from single motherdom:
- You are it -- there is nobody else to take over mum duties
- Mothers do not get sick
- If mothers do get sick, they can't stay in bed all day
- Bed is a forbidden place between 7 am - 7 pm
- There is no paper, scissors, rock --- You ARE getting up
- You are "Dead on your feet" 5 seconds after you put them to bed
- You will develop more patience
- Friends will appear when you thought you had none
- Other Friends won't want to know "a single mother"
- The same applies to family
- Life gets harder
- Life gets easier
- You will cry more
- You will smile more
- You will love more
- You will make more effort
- You will worry more
- Child-free weekends will consist of house-work and sleep
- You will be able to fit more into your day than Jack Bauer
Just remember, most importantly:
You can do it!
Lets see if I hold the same opinion in 18 weeks when child #2 arrives!